Reaching local and national press through print and electronic media, including internet, is crucial to the success of a campaign. But few companies know how to do this correctly.
This is a two day course aimed at
Anyone in the public relations, communications, public affairs, government departments and those who have to deal with media on a regular basis.
We will look at ideas and concepts that are integral to the development of a success public relations campaign from the planning phase to the desired end result, with emphasis on successfully reaching the media. By examining the successes and failures of real public relations campaigns we will determine the key areas of focus when planning campaigns.
- Identifying specific media for your campaign
- Drawing up focused and relevant press lists
- Creating a worthwhile ‘readable’ press kit that the media can really use
- Finding and giving correct statistics
- Setting up interviews for media
- Organising case studies
This ‘split’ two day course will require each delegate to prepare a media plan to workshop on the second day of the course.